May 27, 2004

The Importance of looking inside

One friend told me once - and I think I also read the same somewhere else - that the body was the best messenger for the soul.

I used to practice Taiji, where the Grandmaster - who came from time to time down to where I practiced - also insisted in feeling the body. He said that that was the only way the energy could be transmited.

I tried to put together some pieces yesterday, and started to experiment during my Hatha yoga classes. I focused on my being and from there I experienced my body and all the processes that where happening in each excercise.

I noticed too many things. The first one was how I moved my focus externally too many times ("how the others where performing"... "comparing", etc). However, as my attention started to remain focused inside, I started to feel Love... a big love and gratitude because God's energy was flowing trough my body... I felt "opened" to a higher state...

Today something simpler happend... I had a long time trying to correct the way I sit on my chair at work. I usually sitted upright, but gradually - and in a very short time - my body adopted a bad position again. Today I realized that I focused "externally" instead of trying to focus in my column by the moment of correcting my position... I focused on my coulmn now and voilá... I even feel fresher know...

I now wonder... how many things we try to correct from an external perspective - symptomatically for instance - instead of going inside and perform changes according to what we find?

I´m sure that this will be a huge change for me. It requires a lot of introspection and recording of the process - and definitively is an individual path each one will travel by themself.

OM SHANTI

No comments: